Monthly Program & Potluck: Members are invited to a once-monthly Saturday evening soiree hosted by an Alliance Française member in their home. An RSVP is required as space may be limited. The evening begins at 6:30 p.m. and ends by 10 p.m. or earlier. Members and guests bring a food item and drink to share and there are tables available for both French and English language conversations during dinner. After dinner a short program is presented by a knowledgeable member or other resource person, followed by questions and discussion. Social time continues until 10 p.m. following the program.
Recent programs have included:
- La Francophonie: Revisiting Verger’s Dahomey: A Photographic Contrast
- Fête de la Chandeleur: Crepes Served & Genealogy Explored
- Jazz from Around the World: Peter Tijerina & the Spartan Jazz Cats Perform
- The Life and Works of French Artist William-Adolphe Bouguereau
- La Danse Classique: Un Petit Aperçu / Ballet: A Brief Overview
- La Fête de la Musique: Les Chansons Françaises (Sing-Along)
- La Francophonie: On the Job in Abomey (Benin): Portraits of Working People
Anyone interested in becoming a member of AF-MCAC is invited to join us for an evening soiree. Members may also bring a guest. We are happy to have visitors when space is available. Contact us for information on dates and locations if you would like to join us for an evening. Reservations are required.
Facebook Page: Our chapter’s dedicated Facebook Page Coordinator posts daily in French, and occasionally in English, to share bits of French history and culture. You might find anything from a musical interlude by Saint- Saëns to a piece on film stars Marion Cotillard or Brigitte Bardot to the cuisine of Tunisia. For a broad look across the spectrum of French culture past and present, visit our Facebook page.